Beginner Guitar Lessons SLC
5 Reasons Why Beginner Guitar Lessons Salt Lake City
Is EXACTLY What You're Looking For
1. You're brand new to the guitar and have no idea where to start
2. You want to skip the long and difficult “trial and error” approach and learn in the most fun and effective way possible
3. You've tried learning with a book or on YouTube and feel lost, overwhelmed and confused
4. It's taking FOREVER to learn your basic chords
5. You want to learn to play the guitar avoid any and all bad habits
Learning how to play the guitar is fun and exciting but it can also be really frustrating too. I know because I've been there... When I began playing the guitar, I just wanted to have some fun, play my favorite songs and maybe impress some girls, but to be honest; it was pretty difficult for me. I was totally clueless: the only aspiring musician in my family, and my own friends told me to quit because my fingers wouldn't work! So I'd practice even more (out of spite), buy books, look up stuff online, took guitar lessons, but my "teachers" either taught me super boring stuff like "Kumbaya" or were totally disorganized. In the end, I wasted YEARS trying to get anywhere.
Finally, after many guitar teachers, I found a truly great guitar teacher who made me realize that learning that guitar didn’t have to take so long and be so frustrating! ?I discovered that the quickest, most enjoyable and most effective way to learn how to play the guitar is with the right guitar teacher who understands the process of learning the guitar and how to break it down so even an ordinary person can understand it and succeed.
From my experience both in learning how to play the guitar myself, being trained on how to teach it, and most importantly, having proven methods for helping others learn how to play the guitar, I am confident that I can help you with your guitar playing as well.
I would recommend anyone to take guitar lesson from Preston. Especially if you are like me and had no idea what you wanted to learn and you were kind of lost. He knows what he’s doing and he’ll put you on the right path.
- Expert feedback from a guitar teacher with actual training on how to teach the guitar
- Structured and organized lessons
- Full time guitar instructor with no "day job" so you get my full commitment
- Practice strategies to help you get over what is holding you back
- Extra support outside of lessons
- Customized approach so you are learning what you need for what you want to accomplish
- Dynamic approach to learning so you don't develop holes, gaps, or imbalances that will cause you to hit a plateau in the future
- Fun, safe, and professional learning environment (not some strangers house)
- Guarantee. There is no doubt in my mind that if you practice what and how I show you, YOU WILL be able to play the
guitar how you want
This sounds great but...
- I don't have all day to practice... Great! You're normal; if you can commit to setting aside 20-30 minutes a day and follow my instructions, you will be surprised at how fast you learn to play the guitar.
- I'm older and I've always heard you have to learn when you're young... Sometimes I hear this but as a professional who's helped many adults in their 50s and 60s learn to play the guitar this is not correct. Anyone can do it if they have the desire and put in the work. EVEN YOU!
- I have ZERO natural talent and I don't want to look dumb or waste my time if I can't do it. I didn't have any natural talent either when I began either. In fact, one of my child hood friends told me to quit because I so bad... The real question is: how bad do you want to learn how to play the guitar? Are you willing to do your part and practice and make it a part of your daily schedule? Are you teachable and willing to follow instructions? If yes, then I am 100% confident I can help you learn the guitar - and you'll be awesome at it!
The improvement that I made in just the first month was light years ahead of anything I had previously learned and leaps and bounds ahead of anything I expected. Preston makes learning easy and fun in a no judgement environment. He puts things in a specific order and teaches them in a way that makes sense so that the topics connect to each other and you understand why you are learning specific skills and how you will be able to use those skills later on. You're held accountable to do your part, he teaches you everything you need including how to practice, so that you can progress, succeed, and get the most from the work you put in. If any of you are thinking about picking up the guitar or you are tired of spinning your wheels learning on your own give Preston a call. If you're serious about it and ready to do your part you wont find a better way to learn the guitar or better teacher to help you meet your goals
Just imagine how fun it's going to be, strumming around the campfire, sitting on the back porch and jamming out, playing your favorite songs, jamming with your friends, writing your own cool music that you could be proud of, playing for your kids and/or serenading your sweetheart…
I noticed an improvement right from the start. Preston really took the time to understand where I was at and what my goals were and he helped me to plot out a road map of how to go through and achieve those goals. From the first lesson he gave me an assignment and 2 weeks later he recorded me and I could play it without the sheet music, so right from the start I could see the improvements. I can now play 7 songs and 13 chords!
What Will I Learn If I Take
Beginner Guitar Lessons At Salt Lake City Guitar?
Without first meeting you and assessing your goals I can’t say EXACTLY what we will focus on but here’s a few things that we could work on to establish a solid foundation in your musicianship:
- Introduction to guitar
- Basic rhythmic skills
- Hand/brain coordination
- Basic chords
- Basic arpeggios
- Basic music and chart reading
- Basic music theory
- Intro to fretboard mastery
- Basic lead and rhythm guitar techniques
- How to practice the guitar
- Applying your new skills to your favorite songs
- Intro to being being creative with music
- Set the ground work for total guitar DOMINATION!
AND MUCH MORE!
Learning how to play the guitar really isn’t that hard... You just need to know what to do, and how to do it. One of the biggest advantages you will get from taking beginner guitar lessons with me is that I take care of all that, and lay it all out in an easy step-by-step way so all you have to do is do your part and practice.
Getting Started Is Easy
Click the orange button below and on the following page, tell me about yourself. Tell me what you want to accomplish with your guitar playing and any musical experience you might have. I will then be in touch shortly to arrange your free evaluation session.